Remote Learning Policy
Remote Learning Policy – Brief Overview
If students have to continue their learning remotely (at home) due to self-isolation or school closure, the academy has the below plans in place.
1. What happens if my child/household has to self-isolate?
Oasis Academy John Williams will provide remote learning on Microsoft Teams. Class teachers will upload the work for the lessons on the student’s timetable the following day e.g. Monday’s Spanish lesson resources will be uploaded on Tuesday.
2. What happens if a bubble has to self-isolate?
As far as is possible, Oasis Academy John Williams will try to replicate the timetable that students follow through a normal school day.
Where possible, teachers will teach timetabled lessons live on Microsoft Teams. If for some reason the class teacher is unavailable (e.g. due to illness), cover work will be set for that lesson on Microsoft Teams.
3. What happens if there is a full school closure?
As far as is possible, Oasis Academy John Williams will attempt to replicate the timetable that students follow through the course of a normal school day. Teachers will use Microsoft Teams to continue to deliver your students’ lessons.
4. What are the expectations of students when learning from home?
Oasis Academy John Williams expects students to continue to work hard and focus on getting the most from their education.
We have the same behaviour expectations for students when learning online as we do when they are taught in the academy.
- Parents/carers already have access via MCAS to their child’s timetable.
- Parents/carers will also be able to locate their child’s login details for Microsoft Teams in their child’s planner.