At OAJW, we use Microsoft Teams for students to learn from home. This is where they will find live lessons, homework tasks and resources from lessons they may have missed.
Below you will find links to some useful documents to help with troubleshooting common problems, help with accessing live lessons and guidance on our expectations for students when they are using Microsoft Teams.
You can download the app for Microsoft Teams or use it through your web browser by clicking here.
When can students contact their subject teacher?
Students can only contact their class teacher during lessons (via the chat function on Microsoft Teams).
When can students contact their learning mentor?
Students can only contact their learning mentors during learning mentor time (via the chat function on Microsoft Teams).
- Join Lessons on a Mobile Device from Home
- Join Lessons on a Laptop or Desktop Computer from Home
- Join Lessons on a Gaming Console from Home
- Acceptable Use Agreement
- What is my child’s username?
- My child cannot remember their email address. What do I do?
- The app won’t work on my child’s device. What do I do?
- My child can’t see any of their Teams or assignments on the app. What do I do?
- My child has logged in but all they can see is a long list of notifications. What do I do?
- My child cannot remember their password. What do I do?
- My child cannot hear their teacher, what do I do?