How to Apply
Oasis Academy John Williams is a non-selective Academy open to students of all religious faiths and those of no faith.
If you are a parent or carer of a child in Year 6 and wish to apply for a place in Oasis Academy John Williams for the following September you will need to complete the common application form and return it to the admissions section at Bristol City Council.
All places at the Academy are free and available to the local community within an admissions policy that mirrors the admissions arrangements for schools by Bristol City Council.
How places will be allocated at Oasis Academy John Williams
Where the number of applications for admission is greater than the published admissions number, applications will be considered against the criteria set out below. After the admission of students with Statements of Special Educational Needs where the Academy is named on the Statement, the criteria will be applied in the order in which they are set out below:
Procedures where the Academy is oversubscribed
After the admission of students with Statements of Special Educational Needs where the Academy is named on the Statement, the criteria will be applied in the following order in which they are set out below:
- Children in care (Looked After Children) at the time of application.
- Children who have specific medical and/or special needs where the application is supported by written specific professional advice as to why admission to the Academy is necessary. The definition as to what constitutes medical and special needs within the scope of this provision will be agreed by Oasis Community Learning and available from the Academy.
- Siblings of students who will be members of Years 7 to 11 at the Academy on the date when the applicant would be admitted. The term “sibling” means a full, step, half, adopted or fostered brother or sister, or other child living permanently within the same household. The academy reserves the right to ask for proof of relationship.
- Children who live the nearest by direct line distance from the Academy within the area of first priority.
- Children who live the nearest by direct line distance from the Academy outside the area of first priority.
Please visit Bristol City Councils Admissions Page with details of Oasis Academy John Williams oversubscription details (near the bottom of the page).
If there are more applicants than there are places remaining within a particular category and where there is no difference in distance from home to school for two or more children, random allocation will be used to allocate the final available place(s) and to establish priority on the waiting list.
Please note - There is an appeals process and all Oasis Academies follow the nationally agreed guidance for admissions appeals.
Pay us a visit
We always welcome visitors at Oasis Academy John Williams.
We regularly hold open days, however we are able to cater for parents and carers who are unable to visit on these days by special request. Please get in touch with the school office and we'll be pleased to arrange a date with you.
Tel: 01275 894 680