Uniform & Equipment
Uniform is checked each morning on entry to the Academy and where students do not meet the required standards sanctions will be applied. To avoid confusion, here are some explicit guidelines on our uniform expectations.
Visit the suppliers website for more information.
Uniform Information - Please click here for a useful parent guide from SWI on how to order your new uniform. They have provided a step by step guide on how to set up an account to order your child's uniform. SWI are recommending all uniform is ordered by Monday 1 August 2022 at the very latest.
- Blazers are to be worn around the Academy at all times, except during PE/Dance lessons and when sitting down to eat lunch or break
(Please note: Skirts are no longer permitted)
- Black, standard length trousers
- No skinny fit (i.e. not tight around the lower leg/ankles), leggings or denim trousers are permitted
Shoes & Socks
- Plain black leather/faux leather shoes with a black sole
- No trainers, canvas shoes, including Vans and Converse, Nike Force, high heels or steel toe caps
- Plain black socks or tights
- White short or long-sleeved, button-up shirt with a structured collar, always tucked in.
- Tie should be worn with 3 stripes below the knot visible
Jewellery & Personal Belongings
- Hairbands and clips (no wider than 2cm)
- Natural hair colouring only, with no extreme hairstyles
- 1 small stud earring in each ear and a watch only
- Make-up should be minimal and natural in appearance
- Religious head dress in plain black or white only
- No facial piercings are allowed. A plaster must cover any piercing until they can be removed (maximum of 6 weeks)
- No false nails or nail varnish
This is not an exhaustive list of uniform requirements and the Academy reserves the right to challenge any matters that may jeopardise the Academy standards.
Students will be expected to have the following equipment in September:
- Fully charged iPad (replacement charges £5.00 - contact Reception)
- 2 black pens
- 2 pencils
- 1 highlighter
- 1 ruler
- 1 sharpener
- 1 eraser
- 1 pencil case
- 1 scientific calculator
- 1 glue stick
Please click here to view PE Kit expectations.