Uniform & Equipment
Our Student Bristol 10 framework makes clear reference to looking smart and taking pride in our appearance.
Uniform is checked each morning on entry to the Academy and where students do not meet the required standards sanctions will be applied. To avoid confusion, here are some explicit guidelines on our uniform expectations.
Visit the suppliers website for more information.
- Blazers are to be worn around the Academy at all times, except during PE/Dance lessons and when sitting down to eat lunch or break
Trousers & Skirts
- Black, standard length trousers
- No skinny fit (i.e. not tight around the lower leg/ankles), leggings or denim trousers are permitted
- Black skirts of an acceptable length (no shorter that 2” above the knee). Tube skirts are not permitted
Shoes & Socks
- Plain black leather/faux leather shoes with a black sole
- No trainers, canvas shoes, including Vans and Converse, Ugg boots, high heels or steel toe caps
- Plain black socks or tights
- White short or long-sleeved, button-up shirt with a structured collar, always tucked in.
- Tie should be worn with 3 stripes below the knot visible
Jewellery & Personal Belongings
- Hairbands and clips (no wider than 2cm)
- Natural hair colouring only, with no extreme hairstyles
- 1 small stud earring in each ear and a watch only
- Make-up should be minimal and natural in appearance
- Religious head dress in plain black or white only
- No facial piercings are allowed. A plaster must cover any piercing until they can be removed (maximum of 6 weeks)
- No false nails or nail varnish
This is not an exhaustive list of uniform requirements and the Academy reserves the right to challenge any matters that may jeopardise the Academy standards.
Students will be expected to have the following equipment in September:
- 2 black pens
- 2 pencils
- 1 highlighter
- 1 ruler
- 1 sharpener
- 1 eraser
- 1 pencil case
- 1 scientific calculator
- 1 glue stick
- 1 student planner (all students are expected to purchase a student planner at a cost of £3.00) using the Tucasi online payment system.
- 1 A4 Folder
Equipment bundles can be purchased from the Academy Reception at a cost of £5.67
There will also be a stationary shop during Period 6 in the Study Zone.
Students will also be expected to have a school bag that can hold an A4 folder and their school books.
PE Kit Expectations
Please click here to view our PE kit expectations.