Uniform & Equipment
Uniform is checked each morning on entry to the Academy and where students do not meet the required standards sanctions will be applied. To avoid confusion, here are some explicit guidelines on our uniform expectations.
Visit the suppliers website for more information.
Uniform Information - Please click here for a useful size and price guide from SWI. They have provided a step by step guide on how to set up an account to order your child's uniform. SWI are recommending all uniform is ordered by Tuesday 1 August 2023 at the very latest.
- Blazers are to be worn around the Academy at all times, except during PE/Dance lessons and when sitting down to eat lunch or break
(Please note: Skirts are not permitted)
- Black, standard length trousers
- No skinny fit (i.e. not tight around the lower leg/ankles), leggings or denim trousers are permitted
Shoes & Socks
- Plain black leather/faux leather shoes with a black sole, or plain black trainers with a black sole.
- No high tops
- Plain black socks
- White short or long-sleeved, button-up shirt with a structured collar, always tucked in.
- Tie should be worn with 3 stripes below the knot visible
Jewellery & Personal Belongings
- Hairbands and clips (no wider than 2cm)
- Natural hair colouring only, with no extreme hairstyles
- 1 small stud earring in each ear and a watch only
- Make-up should be minimal and natural in appearance
- Religious head dress in plain black or white only
- No facial piercings are allowed. A plaster must cover any piercing until they can be removed (maximum of 6 weeks)
- No false nails or nail varnish
This is not an exhaustive list of uniform requirements and the Academy reserves the right to challenge any matters that may jeopardise the Academy standards.
Students will be expected to have the following equipment in September:
- Fully charged iPad (replacement charges £5.00 - contact Reception)
- 2 black pens
- 2 pencils
- 1 highlighter
- 1 ruler
- 1 sharpener
- 1 eraser
- 1 pencil case
- 1 scientific calculator
- 1 glue stick
Please click here to view PE Kit expectations.